Tuesday, October 2, 2007

oops

I haven't told you anything about what I'm doing - other than speeding everywhere I go.

I live in Raleigh, NC. I am working for a construction company as the Office Manager onsite. I've worked for this company since November of 2005. I started in their corporate office in Knoxville, TN (where my parents now reside). I switched positions and the type of work I was doing a couple of times. I was originally hired on just to be an assistant. They then made me an Operations Assistant - which is someone who works directly with the project and construction managers. I was the guinea pig for the position. They then moved me to an Accounts Receivables Assistant (sort of promotion). I was not really fond of that kind of work. I asked if they would be willing to let me work in the field as an assistant (one of the project managers already had one). I had decided that if they didn't, I was going to move or find another job, but I didn't tell them that.
They agreed and the project manager in the Carolinas decided he wanted me to work for him. I had worked with him when I was the OA and he thought I would do a great job. So I relocated to Raleigh. I've been working onsite since May of 2007. I really like it, but I am also thinking that I need to move on with my life.
This job I could stay with for a LONG time. But it's not something I want to do with the rest of my life. So I'm thinking about and taking steps towards going back to school. How soon that will happen and how soon I can get done with school is the next question. :)

But I must be off. . . I had just remembered this morning on my drive to work (don't ask why I was thinking about my blog because I have NO idea) that I hadn't even told anyone what I was up to . . .

Until next time....

No comments: