Thursday, May 1, 2008

Does a Genius have common sense?

After reading this article about Japan being the highest in suicide rates, it makes me wonder if those with a genius mind have any common sense....
Now - these specific people may or may not have had the genius gene, but they are still from the country that is noticeably higher in intelligence than our own country.
And I know that the suicide rates in our country are definitely not low - so to have Japan higher.... wow. That's way, way too many people dying.

2 comments:

ReL said...

Honestly... I don't think the two can co-exist in one head, genious and common sense. I think it would be too much for one brain and it might explode and so in order to compensate people that are really REALLY intelligent have little to no common sense and then people that aren't really all that book smart have loads more common sense.

Unknown said...

I don't think that genious's suffer from lack of common sense, but I think that a lot of people don't know that a lot of genious's suffer from mental illness...if people could learn this, there may be less of a stigma and people could get the help that they need.