Thursday, May 7, 2009

Face-to-Face

I've decided that there are some country songs that have a point and purpose to them - a message perhaps.

Garth Brooks has a song called 'Face-to-Face' that I've always liked, but I don't really know why. And while listening to it yesterday I decided that it's all about coming face to face with your demons, the things you are afraid of, the things that make you want to run away in fear. But you can't run or hide from them - you have to face them.
And well.... as we all know - I definitely have some fears. I have things that I need to face head on. But I don't even know where to begin. It's all about decisions and making them... and I just have the hardest time with it. Right now I'm debating a few different options in my life - anyone one of which could be wrong, but they'd all bring about a drastic change. And I really need to just suck it up and make a freakin' decision. Face that fear. Tell myself that "I can grab a bull's balls" (watch 'Never Been Kissed' and you'll understand).

There's another song that I've always liked called "Suds in the Bucket" by Sarah Evans.
This song really just makes me want to drop everything and disappear. Write a note that says "Sorry, but I've got to go." It just gives me the desire to 'just up and run' and run away with life - I'd run away with a guy, if I had the option... ha!

Dove Promise of the day: The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

No comments: