Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reasonable

I'm taking law classes. I'm into the meat of my degree.
They frequently refer to a 'reasonable person' and they compare the crime/wrongful act with a 'reasonable person.'
But here's a question for you: Is a reasonable person a prude person?
I drive fast, but I still have control and I take weather conditions into my driving. But because I drive faster than the speed limit, does that mean I'm not a 'reasonable person.'
I just wonder if sometimes they consider a 'reasonable person' to be a slightly overly careful, prude person.
I suppose as long as I stay on the right side of the law, it doesn't necessarily matter.

1 comment:

ReL said...

I don't think they're talking about things that are that inconsequential...I think they mean more intense crimes ya know? A reasonable person would never grab a gun and run to a store and hold the place up nor would a reasonable person go on a killing spree. ya know what I mean?