Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Name

My last name has always - or almost always - been pronounced wrong. I'm not sure why it's so difficult to figure out, but it is. And I'm very used to correcting people about it. But I think that from now on I will use an alias.
'An alias? But why? Doesn't that take away from your great family name?'
Absolutely it doesn't! I obviously still have to use my legal name for every legal document and such. But for anything else I will use an alias.
No reason trying to get someone to not pronounce my name wrong, or ask me if I know anyone from some random show that has the same name as me - when really they are saying the last name all wrong.
It happened once - in a pizza place when they were late getting my order done. And the guy kept chatting to me about my last name. HELLO!! Don't care and not sure if I could've given you any more vibes of "don't talk to me, I don't care what you have to say." I had no idea what he was talking about when he was asking me if I was related to some random realtor or something who had an ad on TV in the early 90's who he thought I was related to when we had completely different last names. How many times do I need to repeat my last name for you to understand me? Really....??
Thus I am choosing an alias for everything other than legalities.
Can I go by an alias when meeting random people at the bar and stuff too??

No comments: