Thursday, July 22, 2010

Passion

I saw a sign for a church recently that said "Is what you're living for worth dying for?" (It later was changed to say "Is what you're living for worth Christ dying for?" but I liked the first version.) And weirdly enough, the sign got me to thinking.
What am I living for?
It seems that everytime I listen to a few certain songs on a soundtrack, I tend to get pumped for life. They are so passionate about their life and their choices. But it gets me wondering what I'm doing with my life. What am I passionate about? What am I doing to make things happen? What am I living my life for?
I really don't know how to answer any of those questions. At all.
Sad, I suppose, that I have no passions about anything. Or at least not anything I can think of.
There's something about those songs and the passion in which they are sung that makes me want to feel that strongly about something. I just don't.
I want to have a burning passion for something. I want to find something to live for.

1 comment:

ReL said...

My dear you do have passion. You just let it slip to the side, maybe because you don't have so many people that share that passion to go and DO with.

PS- I didn't mention names for a reason, I'm not mad, you're not a punk or anything else. But you always talk about wanting adventure *see your previous post* and then when opportunities arrise you bail...and it makes me sad. :-(