Saturday, March 10, 2012

But what is that?

There's that great saying, "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" and I've never really understood it.
Some say that a mid-term exam is small stuff - but that exam will determine if I pass the class. Passing the class is required to get the degree. The degree is required to get the career. And the career is essential. So, I think that mid-term just might be important.

But then you wonder where the line is of big stuff and small stuff and when you should start sweating.

How exactly do you seize every minute of life? How exactly do you really look at life and see it? How do you really begin to live life? A friend and I have attempted to discuss this recently. We aren't really sure why or how to change it - but we feel antsy, unsettled, eager for 'life' to begin. But how do we make that happen? What should we do? My life feels so sedentary, so predictable, so - for lack of a better word - boring. I need to spice things up. I need to change things. I need to do SOMETHING with my life.... But I haven't figured out what to do. Whatever it is, I want to do it NOW. But haven't figured out what to do....

But back to the small stuff.... where is that line? What big stuff can I 'sweat' about? What little stuff shouldn't I sweat about?

When do you 'sweat'?

No comments: