Wednesday, September 19, 2007

To Fall

It is cooler out this week. It may just be a fluke week. But I wouldn't mind if it stayed longer. I don't necessarily want winter to come - snow can be too cold. But fall is perfect. It's cool enough to wear long sleeves, but you don't have to wear a parka. It's warm enough to play outside, but not so hot you want to be in the AC all day.
And the fall season always seems to bring with it some sense of nostalgia. The smell of the air reminds me of different times in my life. Somedays it smells like those times living in Coeur d'Alene with Kristie and her family. Other days it feels like the first fall in Knoxville. And others yet remind me of times I visited Kentucky or Pennsylvania. And to know that I am making more memories - in yet a different place - that I will be reminded of each time I smell the fall air is so exhilarating.

Aw - to fall.

To fall in leaves.
To fall into happiness.
To fall into a pool.
To fall out of a bad relationship.
To fall into a new place.
To fall into a great job.
To fall out of a bad job.
To fall into a great friendship.
To fall in love.

Now that's the greatest fall of all.

Aw . . . the fall season - it's wonderful!

No comments: