Sunday, March 2, 2008

Cannibalistic

Today, while tearing apart my rotisserie chicken - getting the last of the good white meat - I realized how incredibly barbaric eating meat can be.
There you are, ripping apart something that was living. Something that had a heart, brain, a life and a purpose.
Ripping apart the muscle, the bones, the body of this poor creature.
Pretty barbaric and disgusting.

But I ate it, nonetheless. And it was tasty. And I will most likely continue to eat meat of all kinds. Although I don't eat much of real meat anyway.... I am more of a chicken person. I'll just try to not get it on the bone so much anymore. Otherwise I may change my mind and start the diet Brian has going...

3 comments:

Ader Family said...

by real meat you mean red meat ...since chicken last i checked was meat.lol

Unknown said...

I usually refuse to eat meat off the bone.

Unknown said...

i need no more reasons to feel canablistic.