Monday, September 22, 2008

It's time to Fall again...


Fall.
Autumn.
Whatever you want to call it - it's that time of year again.

And as I say every year - I fall in love in the fall.
This year is a bit different, of course.
But I still fall in love all over again.

I fall in love with:

Colorful trees
Crisp, Cool air
Pumpkins
Freshly sharpened pencils
Halloween costumes
School supplies
Corn Mazes
Spiced Apple Cider
Cornucopias
Wearing sweaters
Holidays creeping closer
And so many other things . . .

I just don't know what it is, but there is something about the Autumn season that just makes me want to smile. Something in the air that changes my mood, my mind-set, my attitude. Something in the air that signals change - the end of summer, but the beginning of a whole new adventure.
It makes me want to put on some comfy shoes, a light sweater, call up that friend and just go outside. Enjoy the bright colored leaves, the cool air that fills your lungs, and just the calmness that comes from walking along a leaf strewn path that seems to silence your footsteps.
Although - fall here isn't really all that cool, which is a sad thing. But perhaps I will go up north and visit some places that have those gorgeous trees and the cool air. Mmmm... yes. That's the next slightly big trip I will be taking. Perhaps for my birthday... That sounds like a great plan!

And hopefully this year, I'll truly fall in love in the fall . . .

No comments: