Thursday, January 15, 2009

"I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me on Saturday nite?"

How often do girls ask guys on dates? Rarely ever.
I have a few friends that absolutely refuse, and I have a few friends that will - if you twist their arm. But for the most part, girls won't (and shouldn't have to) ask guys out on dates.

I - on the other hand - don't mind asking a guy on a date. I like going on dates and I have a ton of ideas that I'd like to do. So I might as well do the asking, right??

Eh - maybe not.

The date ideas I have would have to be with the right person or group of people. And right now I just don't think I have the right people to go with. Maybe for a couple of the ideas, but not all of them. Most of them you have to be willing to make a fool of yourself, go out of your comfort zone, be cheesy, and be willing to be silly. And honestly - there's no one that is available and I'm interested in asking that would want to do all of those things. There's nothing wrong with that, except that it leaves me dateless.

And even when I ask days in advance, I'm kind of turned down. I guess dating isn't something guys want to do. They'd rather be in a group of girls than just with one or a couple on a date. Oh well - I'll find a way to make the date something I can do with my girls, or in groups of friends (since that's all anyone ever wants to do anyway).

1 comment:

ReL said...

That is such BS! Guys want to go on dates just not the ridiculous ones in the singles ward...we have GOT to find you some better guys. I'm going to the dance in Gastonia...you should come with. Stupid boys in Raleigh. You are amazing and if you ever want to make a fool of yourself on a group date I'd be more than happy to join you :-D