Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

I wished and hoped for a white Christmas for MONTHS!! So when does the snow come? AFTER CHRISTMAS!

Although I'm not complaining. I enjoy snow for a little bit during the year, as long as it's during the winter months.

And although I'm in Virginia now and have no one to play with in the snow, I still like it. I woke up this morning, looked out the glass doors and saw a light dusting on the porch. Kinda nice! And it usually means it's not bitter cold, just not warm out either.

Snow is quiet and enjoyable. I love walking outside after it's freshly fallen and the way everything outside just seems so quiet and still. By later in the morning the kids are out playing in it, but that first step outside in the early AM is so peaceful and pretty. And then walking through nice powdery snow.... I don't like icy snow, just fluffy snow.

Although I don't like driving in it, not because of me, but because of other drivers. They can be pretty annoying. I was driving down my street and a car was on the other side of the road - I didn't even know she was DRIVING, she was going that slow... Glad I wasn't going her direction.

So - hopefully it snows a bit more. I don't have my camera, so I can't take pictures. But I can at least watch and see the pretty stuff falling while sipping my hot chocolate in my apartment all peaceful and quiet.

1 comment:

CDM said...

Awww I love the snow too!! I am sad that you aren't here to play in it with me!! And you need to take your amera with you silly!