Sunday, March 7, 2010

Changing Seasons, Changing Lives

It seems that with the change of the season, there are changes in lives. Whether it's small and simple, or big and extreme.
I was recently talking to a friend who has decided to do a complete career change, which includes going back to school and everything. DANG! That's a serious change. Plus she's moving to a different place and other things as well. But it's so worth it and such a good choice for her.
My season changes lately have been how many layers of clothes to wear. Although I am getting my haircut this next week, so that's a small change. I need to make more and I need to make some serious ones. But I really just don't have the motivation to do so. Or more correctly - the sane mind to make the decisions.
I have realized however, that another great friend is attempting to make changes and decisions in his life as well. And he's having a tough time with it. Apparently it's normal to stress and not be able to make decisions that are going to affect you for the rest of your life. Glad to know I'm not alone with it, although I don't wish such things upon someone else either.
But with the sun shining more (*knock on wood cuz this week's weather might not be as good) and registration deadlines looming ahead, it looks like these changes and decisions need to happen soon. Even if I don't make a drastic change, I will need to make some serious decisions and really make living life more exciting.
I told my mom the other day (you can tell I'm slightly bored, thus the rambling....) that I need to start doing things that I've always wanted to do, I need to start making things happen, and I need to start doing things and going places even if I have no one to go with me. If I waited for someone else to join me in some of my adventures, then they'll never happen. So I've gotta start doing them myself. Not as exciting, but it makes things happen.

1 comment:

ReL said...

I <3 your enthusiasm love!